What We Have to Offer
The Chesapeake Bay and Beach
One of the greatest pleasures of living on the bay is simply strolling along the beach, enjoying the sand between your toes, the salty air, and the rhythmic lapping of the waves on the shore. Jet-skis, windsurfers, kayaks, and small boats can be easily launched from the beach. From the deep-water marinas at Pretty Lake, larger boats have easy access to the bay and the world-class fishing found at the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel.
The Bay Front Club
The Bay Front Club is East Beach’s neighborhood front porch. It is the social hub of the neighborhood where you find residents sitting in the rocking chairs on the deck, visiting with one another and watching the waves on the Bay. Here residents gather for parties in the bay front room, concerts on the green, to spend the day at the pool or beach, to work out at the fitness club, or to find a book in the resident library. From the Bay Front Club tower residents can watch the navy ships coming into the Chesapeake Bay.
The East Beach Streetscape
Mature stands of trees lining the streets set this waterfront community apart from most suburban neighborhoods, creating an intimate and friendly walkable community. Gracious front porches interface with the tree-lined streetscape and parks to create outdoor rooms where neighbors interact with each other. Homes are designed and landscaped around the trees or unique features of the lot.
Linear Parks and Bay Front Greens
Along the Chesapeake Bay, at the end of every north-south street, eight bay front greens allow access to the beach and enhance views to the bay from within the neighborhood. Each bay front green is a neighborhood gathering place with its own unique character – from a giant chess set at the Bay Front Club, to the landscaped ovals creating a croquet pitch and bocce ball lawn. There are two tennis courts in East Beach, a stage pavilion with a drop down screen (for golf cart drive in movie night), and a formal rose garden and pergola.
Pretty Lake Marinas
Privately owned marinas along Pretty Lake offer wet and dry storage and are within a few minutes distance from just about anywhere in East Beach. From these deep water marinas, larger boats have easy access to world-class fishing – through Little Creek and the Chesapeake Bay to the Atlantic Ocean – with no bridges to limit the height of your mast.
Local Businesses and Restaurants
There are a wide range of dining options, local food providers, and more all in short distance of the Village Square apartments. Immerse yourself in the culture of our community by visiting our local businesses!
Retail and commercial amenities create a mixed use neighborhood and are an important part of the Master Plan for East Beach. These amenities are in the planning stages and will be developed in the final phase of the development along Pretty Lake Avenue and Shore Drive, bringing daily conveniences within easy strolling distance for residents. Currently 3,650 square feet of retail and commercial space is available on Pretty Lake Avenue, on the ground floor of East Beach Villas at Pretty Lake.
Ten Minutes to Norfolk International Airport
East Beach is just a quick 10-minute drive (and a short cab ride) to Norfolk International Airport (ORF). The newly expanded and updated airport serves hundreds of U S cities with over 200 domestic and international flights daily. Parking and check in are a breeze at this mid-sized airport.
Photo courtesy of Norfolk Airport Authority®
Twenty Minutes to Downtown Norfolk
East Beach is 20 minutes from Downtown Norfolk – the heart of the waterfront and the cultural, financial and entertainment center of Hampton Roads. Norfolk is a city of over 234,000 residents. It is the cultural, educational, business and medical center of Hampton Roads, hosts the world’s largest naval base, the region’s international airport and is one of the busiest international ports on the East Coast of the United States.
Photo courtesy of Norfolk Festevents, Ltd.
Near Major Employment Centers
Norfolk is well known for its ports and maritime related industries, as well as defense contractors and corporate headquarters. Norfolk and Hampton Roads are home to the largest naval stations in the world. East Beach is conveniently located near Little Creek Amphibious Base, Naval Station Norfolk, and just a half hour drive to Oceana Naval Air Base. East Beach is adjacent to the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel, providing easy access to Langley Air Force Base.
U.S. Navy File Photo
Village Square at East Beach – Amenities List
- Walk or stroll to the beach
- Membership in the East Beach Homeowner’s Association
- Membership to the East Beach Bay Front Club which features:
– Pool on the Chesapeake Bay
– Clubhouse with event space and catering kitchen
– 24/7 Fitness center overlooking the bay
– Meeting room
- Golf cart friendly community
- Close to marinas
- Tennis and pickleball courts
- Linear parks
- Gathering places with fire pits and Adirondack chairs
- Stage Pavilion that hosts golf cart drive-in movies, a summer concerts and other various events
- Paths connecting the parks and neighborhood
- Pedestrian-friendly environment
- Beautiful narrow tree-lined streets
- Farmer’s Market
- Access controlled building
- 24-Hour emergency maintenance
- All elevatored buildings
- Rentable storage lockers available for every resident
- Package room
- Pet friendly
- 9-foot ceilings
- Washer and dryer in every unit
- Stainless steel appliances including full-size range, microwave hood, refrigerator, dishwasher, and disposal
- Subway tile backsplash with glass accent behind cooktop
- Luxury shower(s) with floor-to-ceiling tile and frameless glass enclosure
- Bathtub – tile from tub to ceiling
- Granite countertops in kitchen and bath(s)
- Kitchen island or peninsula accommodates barstool seating
- Luxury vinyl plank flooring in main living areas
- Ample lighting and contemporary lighting package
- Ceiling fans with lighting in bedroom(s)
- Upgraded trim package