Frye Properties, Inc. (“Frye Properties,” “Company,” “We,” “Us,” or “Our”) respects the privacy and confidentiality of individuals who visit our website (“Visitors” or “You”) and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by (1) us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Frye Properties or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries) or (2) any third party (including our affiliates), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website. We encourage you to be aware that when you leave our Website, you should become familiar with the privacy of those sites.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
2. Information Collection
3. How We Use Your Information
4. Children's Privacy
5. Links to Third Party Sites
7. Privacy Notice for California Residents
8. Notice to Users Located Outside of the United States
9. Contact Information
When you use our Website we may collect and use information we receive from you. “Personal Information” generally means any information that identifies you as an individual, and any other information we associate with it. We collect a few categories of Personal Information, from a few different sources when you use our Website:
Information You Voluntarily Provide to Us
The information we collect on our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website, including the Contact Us form. We may also ask you for information when you report issues with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including name, mailing address, or email address), if you contact us.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Your name, drivers’ license, email address, mailing address, phone number, and any other Personal Information or account information you affirmatively provide to us.
- Details of applications and transactions, including payment information, such as a credit card number and/or other related information that may be required from you to complete your application or to otherwise conduct business with us.
You may opt out of providing Personal Information by not entering it to the Website or otherwise not providing it if asked.
Credit Card Data
If you pay any rent, apply for a lease, or conduct business with us that requires the use of a credit card on our Website, please be advised that this information is accepted on third party sites which offer high level secure transactions. Frye Properties has no control over the security of this data. Frye Properties does not collect, transmit, or store credit card data and has no access to this information when it is provided. Charges are processed by third parties and only the funds and basic payment information are transmitted to us in order to complete the transaction Your credit card number, CVV and expiration date are never part of the information that is transmitted.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We also collect information from other sources including social networks when you engage with our content, reference Frye Properties or its products or services, or grant us permission to access information from the social networks and publicly available sources, including data in the public domain and through credit and background checks.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies and Cookies
When using our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, your domain type, your IP address and click-stream information and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- We may receive information from third parties such as advertising and marketing partners.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include cookies (or browser cookies), flash cookies, or web beacons. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. We do not link the information we store in cookies to any personally identifiable information you submit while on our site.
In addition to collecting Personal Information, we may collect information that does not identify you and is not associated with your Personal Information. We may also de-identify information so it no longer identifies you. We may aggregate and use such information to engage in marketing and other activities in a manner that protects our consumers and as allowed by law.
How We Use Your Information
We may use Personal Information as permitted by law, for the following business purposes:
- User IDs and Passwords. To access certain features on our Website, we may request that you create a login name and password (a "User Account"). We will use this information to maintain your User Account and will employ SSL encryption technology when transmitting Personal Information. We may also use this information to send you announcements of new Website features, special offers and promotional materials that we think may be of interest to you.
- Correspondence. We use your Personal Information to provide you with information, answer any questions you have, or otherwise fulfill our business obligations to you.
- Online Transactions. We offer prospective and current residents of Frye Properties the opportunity to use various online services such as submitting applications.
- As Otherwise Required by Law. We also may disclose Personal Information if we are required to do so by law or we in good faith believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law or with legal process, (b) protect and defend our rights and property, (c) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Website, or (d) protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public. Please note that we may not provide you with notice prior to disclosure in such cases.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. If you do not wish to have your email address or contact information used by Frye Properties to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by at any other time by following the detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions or click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of every email.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
Accessing, Correcting, and Opting Out
You may contact us with any questions or concerns to confirm whether we process your personal information, or to request access to, correct, delete, or receive a portable version of any personal information that you have provided to us at email@example.com or 757-627-1980.
You may also request to opt out of processing for targeted advertising and sales or any profiling in furtherance of decisions we may make that produce legal or similarly significant requests. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Frye Properties recognizes the privacy interests of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children's online activities and interests. Neither the Website nor our services are intended for children under the age of 16. Frye Properties does not target its services or this Website to children under 16. Other than their name as part of a rental application submitted by a parent or guardian eighteen (18) years of age or older, Frye Properties does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16. If you believe that we have collected Personal Information from a child under 16 without parental or guardian consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take steps to remove that information promptly.
Links to Third Party Sites
We may employ industry standard procedural and technological measures that are reasonably designed to help protect your Personal Information from loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Frye Properties may use, without limitation, firewalls, password protection, secure socket layer, and other security measures to help prevent unauthorized access to your personally identifiable information.
Privacy Notice for California Residents
CCPA/Shine the Light
Neither the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) nor California’s "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) is applicable to our Website. Both laws include a right for California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties or to request the deletion or restriction of personal information. To make such an inquiry or request, please send an email to email@example.com.
Notice to Users Located Outside of the United States
This Website and the services on this Website are targeted for users in the United States of America only. Any information you enter on this Website may be transferred outside of your home country to the United States of America, which may not offer an equivalent level of protection to that required of your home country’s data protection laws.
This Website is intended for an audience who are citizens of the United States. If you are not a citizen of the United States, we make a reasonable effort not to accept your data, and you should not subscribe to any of our services.
Users from the European Economic Area
The General Data Protection Directive (“GDPR”) grants individuals residing in the EEA certain rights with respect to their Personal Information. These include the right to request a copy of your information, to object to our use of your information (including for marketing purposes), to request the deletion or restriction of your information, or to request your information in a structured, electronic format. You can exercise these rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The GDPR provides that we may limit or deny your requests in certain cases. For example, if fulfilling your request would reveal information about another person, or if you ask to delete information which we have compelling legitimate interests to keep, including as required by law. You may have the right to complain to a data protection authority in the country where you live, where you work or where you feel your rights were infringed if you have concerns about your rights.
Other International Users
The Website is hosted in the United States (“U.S.”). If you are a consumer accessing the Website from Asia, or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use and disclosure that differ from laws of the U.S., your continued use of the Website, which is governed by U.S. law and these terms, indicates your consent to transfer of your information to the U.S.
300 West Freemason St
Norfolk, VA 23510
We can be reached via e-mail at email@example.com or you can reach us by telephone at 757-627-1980.